While our girls are here, we want to share with
them our knowledge and wisdom to help in important moment of thier lifes. As we work to educate and counsel - we directly focus on decision-making and the development of a strong work ethic.
- Lakendra Baker, LMSW
Phone: 770.477.2551 | Fax: 770.477.2552
Home is where we begin to help!
A therepeutic group home for girls.
A GROUP HOME
Copyright 2009 Embracing Arms - Girl Group Home. All Rights Reserved.
About Embracing Arms
Embracing Arms, was founded in 2003 by Kimberly and Reginald Underdue. Currently, Lakendra Baker serve as the agency's Executive Director.
Our home is licensed by the Office of Regulatory Services and has current contracts with Department of Family and Children Services and the Department of Juvenile Justice. We are a member of the Georgia Association for Homes and Services for Children and Georgia Association for Private Providers. we have received a 3 year accreditation in Group Home Care from the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
Our Successful Formula
• 24 hour "awake" supervision.
• Home-like enviroment.
• Ability to manage inappropriate behavior.
• Realistic and practcal life-skills traning.
• Community activitives for inclusion.
• Team building activitives and outings
• Education study demands and mentors.
• A nurturing and trained staff
• Weekly life coach sessions.